Video 1 - How To Overcome Overeating
- We overeat because of highly calorific, tasty AF foods, which are driven to make us want more of them
- We have complex emotions, thoughts and feelings we struggle to regulate
- We are emotionally linked to food in ways we never really understand
- There are unique relationships with food based on our upbringing, and based on our experience of control, which can often be a double-edged sword
- Overeating is the end of a chain of events, not the event itself, often caused by the "fuck it" attitude or "sabotage switch"
- Using actual techniques to uncover the root cause of these events is the only way to overcome them (like using the sheet above)
- Stress is one of the biggest triggers, so much so it deserves it's own video (in the next series of this course)